Sunday 6 May 2018

Magic Mountain


I have a friend travelling in Italy at the moment, posting fascinating pics on Facebook alongside snippets of her journey. With my 2018 calendar of Italy sporting similar pictures that beckon me to Europe, and knowing I have no chance of fulfilling that item on my wish list, I’ve had to resort to my imagination to create travel memories of my own.

Without leaving my front door I managed to discover this strange anomaly, an icy mountain in the middle of nowhere, well not actually nowhere but in the Val d’Orcia on the outskirts of Siena, where as far as I know, there are no mountains. Rising out of the valley and towering over the rural countryside, I wonder what the local farmers would make of that as they rise at the crack of dawn to go about their daily chores.






Peaceful Siena
torn asunder by
icy spell





P.S. Thanks go to the Poatina Store freezer for creating its own little stalagmite which was just begging to be utilised.


1 comment: