Wednesday 14 February 2018

Fluttering By

There’s an abundance in the garden at the moment of these little guys, and girls, I can’t tell the difference. I catch them quite frequently on the back porch, for they fly in and somehow don’t have the wherewithal to work out how to fly out again. I don’t like to think of butterflies as being dim witted, but they flutter about aimlessly, for ages, up and down and left to right around the windows, so I take pity on them, put them out of their misery and release them back into the yard. Once out there though, they’re always out of reach, just a beat of those wings away from being caught, so it’s actually rather nice to be rewarded with a close up of one of my garden favourites.
 



Velvet wings flutter
in the palm
of my hand



No comments:

Post a Comment