Sunday 15 July 2018

Grey Day


After a week of bright winter sunshine, clear skies, cold starlit nights and frosty mornings, we woke today to several shades of grey and a light drizzle that picked up momentum on and off as the day passed, adding to the miserable chilling cold. With my fire usually emanating its warmth throughout the house, at the moment it’s battling to keep anything other than the lounge room at a decent temperature. The fan heater is roaring away at my feet and I’m draped in my furry blanket while I write this up the other end of the house in the study, and once done I’ll be ensconcing myself back there as quickly as possible to while away the evening.

I like winter, I do, I really do.



No stars tonight
no planets, all obscured
by cold, murky grey

No comments:

Post a Comment