Thursday 5 July 2018

Beating the SADS


I don’t get the SADS
like some, but feel rather glad
when winter arrives


I have a few friends who suffer from the SADS, to be specific Seasonal Affective Disorder Syndrome. It usually hits in winter, when trees are bare, skies are grey and the temperature plummets, and those affected often feel as drained of life and colour as their surroundings. I feel for them, as winter is a bit of a favourite with me despite the cold extremities. To come home from work, light the fire, get into my trackies and ugg boots, make a flat white and grab some nibblies and a good book, is my idea of peace and serenity, and one I indulge in on a very regular basis during the cold months. Curling up on the couch wrapped in my furry blanket, disregarding time until my stomach lets me know I should at least start thinking about what to organise for dinner, is the best way I know to beat the winter blues.



No comments:

Post a Comment