Friday 27 April 2018

Piecing Autumn together

I've been doing jigsaws since I was a child, and have never tired of them. In my role as manager of the local Op Shop, I bring them home and diligently put them together to ensure all the bits are there; there's nothing worse than buying one secondhand only to find it has pieces missing. Exactly that happened recently, a really challenging 1000 piece scene of moored boats against a background of grassland and pine trees, and more pine trees, and even more pine trees. I've never taken so long on a small strip of sky and treeline, for the tip of every tree looked exactly the same as its neighbour.

Apart from the 8 days it took to complete, the most frustrating result was to find one piece missing, an empty space in which I had tried to fit so many pieces, I was beginning to think the surrounding pieces had been joined incorrectly. I crawled all over the floor in the hope it may have secreted itself somewhere, but to no avail.

This 1000 piece American autumn scene was much more satisfying, quite high on the difficulty scale, but a pleasing result nonetheless, and most appropriate for this time of year.






One thousand pieces
autumn in South Dakota
instant beech forest

No comments:

Post a Comment