Sunday 29 April 2018

Come Fly Away




Like steady rainfall
cascading leaves weave a rich
plush magic carpet 




 


 My neighbour’s gingko biloba tree beckons me outside. It’s vibrant golden yellow is startling. I know I’ve gone on a bit lately about the remarkable nature of autumn, but I do feel a stronger connection with this season more than any other. Most autumn leaves are now past their prime, having displayed their brightest and best and are now living out their last days before rotting down during winter and becoming plant fodder for the spring. I could wax lyrical about their beauty, but thought I would leave it to others who have expressed it more eloquently to have the last word.








I like autumn. The drama of it; the golden lion roaring through the back door of the year, shaking its mane of leaves. A dangerous time; of violent rages and deceptive calm...

- Joanne Harris from Gentlemen and Players





Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower
                                               
- Albert Camus










No comments:

Post a Comment