Monday 15 January 2018

Get Fit Campaign #28

For some reason, I’ve never really mastered the art of a personal fitness program. As in most things I attempt, the initial commitment and enthusiasm explodes in a burst of energy, in the hope that by repeating the activity over and again for long enough it will somehow miraculously turn into a habit that I simply cannot live without. But, and it’s always a large and persistent but, the enthusiasm wanes, I find other things that just have to be done before I can allow myself the time to indulge in my fitness regimen, or writing or decorating or gardening goals.

It takes energy to front up to the task in hand every day. The ultimate goal always seems unattainable, so we, or should I say I, arrive at the give up line all too soon. In the past though, it’s been interesting to note that as I’ve disciplined myself to persist in one area of my life requiring extra attention, it’s had a spin off effect and benefitted other areas as well. It’s like the establishment of one good habit has a way of putting you in the right frame of mind to tackle others. Our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health are all inter-dependent. Look after one and the others benefit. Neglect one, and the others suffer.


Get up and hike you
arise from the comfy chair
put on walking shoes


No comments:

Post a Comment