Tuesday 20 November 2018

Seasonal Switch


I’ve just done the bi-annual wardrobe and drawers switch around. I like to have the clothes I wear every day within easy reach, not that bending or opening a lower drawer is an onerous task, but it always makes sense to me to have the things I use the most in the most accessible spot. Winter pants and tops go down a shelf, while tee shirts and cotton pants take their place, the long socks in the top drawer go down one, and the short socks come up. There’s not a lot of hanging space, so not much changes in that section, maybe it’s time I considered getting a built-in.

It’s also a good time to do a bit of a cull, calculating the last time I actually wore what’s been folded neatly at the bottom of each pile, weeding things out so they can take a trip to the op shop, land in the bin, be cut up for rags or become yet another gardening shirt. I’ve put on a fair bit of weight lately so went through every pair of jeans and long pants I possess, discarding those I realise will never come close to being done up again around my flabby belly, but hanging on to some favourites I hold out hope of fitting into again should I be diligent enough to shed some kilos. They’ve been banished to the bottom drawers of the dressing table, for I suspect it will be a while before they again see the light of day.

I’m optimistic as the seasons change and the sun brings its relaxing warmth, but I’m also realistic. The trackie pants are always front and centre, the jumpers remain in their top shelf spot, and the ugg boots are never out of reach. After all, this is Tasmania.


Wardrobe change
shedding the layers
feeling lighter

No comments:

Post a Comment