Monday 31 December 2018

Finishing on a High


As the Seekers sang many moons ago, The Carnival is Over, for this is it, the final entry. No doubt this won’t be the last haiku I’ll ever write, so here’s hoping I’ve learnt something in the process of tackling this project that I can use as my mind engages with other forms of writing in the new year.

Fireworks are always a good thing on New Year’s Eve, but without any photos of my own on file, plus a reluctance to use a free internet image as I wanted the whole shebang to be my own creation, and the fact I’ll probably fall asleep before Sydney Harbour explodes at midnight so I can pinch one off the TV, here’s my best attempt at brightening up the last page.

Sayonara.


Zoom, whizz, boom, sizzle
see the year out with a bang
and not a whimper


No comments:

Post a Comment