Sunday 19 August 2018

Snow Day Timetable




Coloured arc
spilling from snow cloud
rainbow ice






Remember wet day timetable at school? No outside playtime, lunch was eaten inside, and by the end of the day everyone was ready to climb the walls courtesy of all that pent up unexpended energy. So, I’m having my own snow day.

Snow on the mountain with bursts of sunshine between the thick mantle of descending cloud mean only one thing, a day of rainbows. Well, obviously not only one thing, for a big dump of snow means it’s jolly freezing outside, and not much warmer inside until the fire is lit, plus the accompanying wind originating from somewhere near the Antarctic has contributed a chill factor determined to keep me housebound all day.

Admittedly I did brave it for a while in order to get a few pics, even resorting to pushing the car door open with my foot as the normal method wasn’t cutting it. I had intended to put in a few hours at the op shop, but instead eased my conscience by doing a load of op shop washing and hanging it out in the howling wind. Doing a 500-piece jigsaw of Portofino in Italy felt like a much better idea. Bathed in warm summer sunshine, the brightly coloured buildings alongside the waterfront cafes was a far cry from the scene outside my window.

Completed it in under three hours, so I think the rest of the day will be observed in the manner all such wintry days should be observed…on the couch. Time to pick out a movie, make a flat white, and eat.





No comments:

Post a Comment